Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Annoyed on election day morning

This is the first election since we moved houses, and in the past I would usually vote in the morning, at a church not far from our house. I have a morning meeting, so I figured I would vote on the way, just leaving a little early. But something hadn't registered (no pun intended). Now I vote at an overcrowded elementary school on a school day. Who thought this up? The school is on a major street, but both lanes were backed up so far that the school was not even in sight, and the traffic wasn't moving much. I didn't have time to wait, so made a u-turn and came to campus. I'll have to go back later in the morning, and wonder where I will even park.

In addition, the school system has Friday off as a teacher workday. Why couldn't they schedule it today instead?

I am definitely going to make sure I vote early in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  1:26 PM  

Dr. Weeks,
I totally agree with you. This morning, I had to go to an elementary school. I about had a teacher run me over trying to chase down some kids that got away from her.

Greg Weeks 1:41 PM  

That is crazy. I got back to the school later this morning, and the voting was in the gym, separate from the kids, so it was uneventful.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP